Übersicht der WinUAE-Entwicklungen
WinUAE 2.4.1 released (09.05.2012)
"Traditional" x.x.0 bug fix update and some improvements.
2.4.0 bugs fixed:
- CDFS problems fixed. (crashes, wrong case if RockRidge or Joliet, truncated file comments)
- Fake 60Hz didn't work.
- Software filter major slowdown in higher resolutions.
- D3D overlay mask scaling artifacts in some resolutions.
- D3D "CRT" filters had bad geometry.
- Automatic resize resized continuously in interlaced modes.
- Some USB joysticks had multiple buttons with same name and dpad diagonal movement didn't work.
- Keyboard reset warning emulation didn't work.
- Legacy VSync works correctly again.
- Bsdsocket emulation gethostbyname("ip.address") random crash.
Other bugs fixed:
- Automatic scale/center/resize didn't work in ECS SuperPlus screen mode.
- OCS/ECS max hires overscan didn't show first 4 pixels. (ECS SuperPlus)
- 68020 cycle-exact mode statefile reliability improved. (Random "CPU trace" errors)
- 0.5M Chip RAM was detected as 1M in JIT mode.
- Mouse cursor jumping to top/left corner in some virtual machines when mouse button was clicked.
New features and updates:
- Fastest possible CPU mode (including JIT) throttle option (-10% to -90%)
- Approximate CPU mode speed adjustment (-90% to +500%). Replaces old CPU/Chipset adjustment.
- Fastest possible CPU mode timing improved.
- Low latency vsync stability improved.
- Internal display buffering system rewritten, PAL/NTSC vertical centering, even better screen
positioning in programmed modes.
- Fullscreen (TV)/(Max) filter mode programmed mode and PAL/NTSC switching support.
- Custom Input Event autofire support.
- Switch to another monitor if multiple monitors with different resolutions and current RTG resolution
is not supported by current monitor.
- CDFS statefile support implemented.
- Sound sync improved.
- Debugger basic math operator support (+-/*).
- Autoscaling improved (CD32 boot screen).
WinUAE 2.4.0 released (29.03.2012)
- VSync supported in fastest possible CPU and JIT modes, complete rewrite, fast, 100% jitter free.
- Built-in CD filesystem. Full Amiga CD compatibility, including audio tracks and Amiga Rock Ridge extension,
without need for manually installed CDFS, completely replaces old CD option that mounted CD drives as
read-only harddrives. NOTE: CD device names renamed to standard CDx: (Old was WinCD_x:)
- Commodore A2024 monitor emulation. (1024*1024 grayscale monitor)
- Individual Computers Graffiti emulation.
- PCMCIA IDE hardfile emulation.
- USB game controller low latency raw input mode is now the default. (Mouse and keyboard support was already
implemented long time ago) Windows Vista and newer only. Custom input mappings may need resetting.
- PC keyboard mode, keys like home, end, pageup, pagedown etc are mapped to Amiga key codes.
- Input configuration qualifier key/button support. Any key or button can be configured as a qualifier
and other key mappings can be configured to require one or more active qualifiers.
- Programmed screen modes (DBLPAL, Multiscan etc..) display positioning and setup greatly improved.
- Performance improved in fastest possible CPU without JIT mode.
- Performance greatly improved when immediate blitter and fastest possible CPU is enabled and program
does lots of small blits.
- Gayle IDE emulation IDE doubler mode compatibility improved.
- Sound syncronization updates, much more stable with VSync. (more updates planned in future)
- Fastest possible CPU mode audio glitch prevention hack updated. (WHDLoad IK+, Moonstone, Uridium II, etc..)
- Added pause emulation/disable sound option to active but mouse uncaptured state.
- RTG emulation optional ZorroII mode.
- UAE harddrive controller RDB harddrive "Do not mount" and "Bootable" options supported.
- Interlace mode handling and switching improved.
- Interlaced fields are matched in vsync modes if both Amiga mode and output device mode are interlaced.
- Lots more options can be modified on the fly using uae-configuration.
- Multiple display adapter/multiple monitor selection and support improved.
- GUI sound buffer range adjusted, non-linear scale, more smaller buffer sizes selectable.
- Joystick/mouse autoswitch also enabled in Input panel non-GamePorts mode.
- Native code execution disabled by default. Enable option in Miscellaneous panel.
- CPU Idle automatic limit added, no more slowdowns if it is set too low.
- Keyboard emulation improved, properly emulated handshake and lost sync state.
- uaenet.device crash if opened without installed winpcap.
- Startup crash if more than 8 serial ports detected.
- Random hangs when switching cycle-exact mode on the fly.
- CD image/physical media change on the fly didn't always trigger notification correctly.
- Lots of bsdsocket emulation compatibility and multi-thread stability fixes (YAM hangs fixed)
- Directory filesystem reported file size was not updated until file was closed.
- Directory filesystem host-side memory leak fix.
- Some Advanced Chipset options were not correctly overridden in compatibility mode.
- Mouse input stopping working randomly after returning emulation from GUI.
- Emulated middle mouse button got stuck in rawinput mode if middle button was set to untrap mouse.
- Detect and fix bad configuration options when using uae-configuration, for example it
was possible to enable both cycle-exact and JIT at the same time causing frozen emulation.
- Rare cycle-exact mode interrupt timing issue. (Guardian Dragon II / Kefrens random hang)
- Some minimized/inactive/active switching issues.
- Directory harddrives configured as unbootable still booted normally under KS 1.3.
- Windows dialogs (not GUI or file dialogs) were invisible in fullscreen Direct3D mode.
WinUAE 2.3.3 (18.09.2011)
- New very low latency VSync mode, autodetects real refresh rate, no more 100% CPU usage, supports also windowed modes.
(Not compatible with fastest possible CPU modes but planned in future)
- Experimental rawinput joystick/joypad support. (-rawhid command line parameter)
Added because DirectInput is said to introduce some extra input lag.
- Real cause for Max Transfer IDE problem found. IDE emulation detects and logs it now. (*)
- CD image audio buffer increased slightly, some systems had glitches in CD audio.
- Non-configured joystick/mouse autoswitch update: short firebutton press or move left = insert into joystick port,
longer press or move right = insert into mouse port.
- Add Harddrive option does not require Administrator privileges anymore, most removable drives can be used without
higher privileges, at least under Windows 7.
- IDE emulation write hang introduced in 2.3.2.
- A590/A2091 emulation crash if CPU was 68020+.
- On the fly CD switching (both images and real CDs) reliability improved.
- Direct3D blank screen problem is now 100% fixed. Really.
- win32.hardfile_path didn't work.
- On the fly resolution change didn't work correctly, resolution autoswitch improved.
- Key or joystick button mapped to mouse direction didn't work.
- Analog stick mapped to mouse had too fast and unstable speed.
*) Max Transfer problem was introduced with ATA v2 specification. ROM built-in IDE driver assume ATA v1 behavior,
some drives are compatible with ATA v1, some are not and will require Max Transfer fix. It is NOT a drive bug.
Click for details
WinUAE 2.3.2 released (02.06.2011)
- AROS ROM replacement development snapshot included, replaces old
very basic ROM replacement feature, used by default if official
KS ROM is not found.
- New autofire option. Button released = autofire. Button pressed = normal
- Stop the CPU and wait until blitter has finished if any blitter register
is accessed while blitter is busy and CPU mode is fastest possible.
Better workaround than immediate blitter for programs that have blitter
wait bugs with fast CPU.
- Serial port telnet server.
- Disk emulation accuracy improved
(Codertrash / Mexx, El Egg Tronic Quarts / Quadlite)
- CIA timer undocumented startup delays emulated (Risky Woods sound
- win32.floppy_path and win32.hardfile_path really works as expected.
- Display panel refresh rate accepts non-integer values.
- Implemented workaround that should fix Direct3D blank screen problem.
- Sample ripper crash.
- 68000 exception 3 emulation fixed again. (Broke compatibility with some
very old copy protections, for example Soldier of Light and Zoom!)
- Reset bug that broke Arcadia mode, A1000 mode and Action Replay ROMs.
- Automatic resolution switch interlace detection was unreliable.
- CD32 early boot menu is accessible again.
- Rare crash when switching from fullscreen RTG mode to native mode.
- Borderblank chipset feature didn't work in ECS Denise mode.
- Possible input configuration corruption due to uninitialized variable.
- Color change table overflow crash that can happen when emulated
WinUAE 2.3.1 released (26.02.2011)
- Directory filesystem ACTION_LOCK_RECORD and ACTION_FREE_RECORD.
- Gamepad joystick type for games that support 2nd fire button but
can't read it without pullup resistor. (for example Aladdin)
- Manual filter configuration fully implemented.
- Autoresolution supported (automatically selects lowest used
resolution on the fly)
- MIDI device names are stored in configuration file.
- Custom chipset undocumented feature compatibility updates.
(For example Magic Demo / Diabolics, MoreNewStuffy by PlasmaForce,
Kefrens Party Intro by Wiz)
- M68K AROS compatible IDE and RTG emulation.
- Statefile compatiblity updates. (Initial audio glitches, mouse
counters updated correctly, CPU exact mid-instruction state saved,
active disk DMA state saved)
- New filter defaults, 1x (not FS) and always scale if selected
screen/window size is very small or large enough.
- Auto resize and center filter modes 1x/2x.. modifiers now
adjust window size.
- Attempt to load disk image and harddisk paths in state files from
current directory, current adf/hardfile path and finally state
file directory if original path or file is missing.
- SCSI emulation physical drive tray load/eject passthrough.
- SCSI emulation CD audio support improved.
(for example T-Zero and The Shadow of the Third Moon)
- Clipboard sharing disable option in GUI.
2.3.0 bugs fixed:
- Audio pitch errors if audio period rate was near minimum audio
- Very heavy CPU usage if program continuously plays really short
- ROM scanner again detects *.rom files in root directory.
- Sample ripper works again.
- Directory filesystem was slow on most modern multicore systems.
- CDTV CDA playback didn't work if play ending track was set to
last track. (Prehistorik CDTV)
- 2352 byte sector plain ISO images didn't mount correctly.
- Some drives had problems reading Mode 2 Form 1 data tracks.
- SPTI+SCSI SCAN didn't detect any non-CD devices (broke in 2.2.1)
- Automatic resize filter didn't always work correctly.
- Topmost scanline was usually not visible in autoscale modes.
- GamePorts parallel port joystick configuration crash fix.
- Random RTG color errors when switching to/from fullscreen 8-bit
- Archive mounting crashed if something prevented complete unpack
(for example non-dos dms image file)
- Harddrive state files didn't save correctly if more than one
harddrive was configured.
- A2065 Z2 board emulation fixes. (Lost interrupts, broadcast
packets getting ignored, transmitter dropping big packets.)
- A500 power led fade tricks really work now.
- HRTMon didn't work in cycle-exact modes.
WinUAE 2.3.0 released (24.09.2010)
- CDTV and CD32 subchannel hardware emulation, CD+G audio CDs supported.
- CDTV statefile support.
- FLAC compressed CD audio tracks supported (cue+flac or cue+iso+flac).
- Automatic center, max fullscreen and tv-like fullscreen options added.
- uaescsi.device SCSI emulation, including full CD audio support.
- Pause uaescsi.device CD audio when emulation is paused or GUI is open.
- Support for configuration file delayed CD image insert, for example CD32 games
F17 Challenge and Last Ninja crash if booted before CD32 boot screen appears...
- Right and bottom border, if outside of display area, is blanked instead of filling
with current border color.
- Full "Portable"/USB key mode (-portable command line parameter) and relative path support.
- Borderless/minimal/normal windowed mode option.
- CD/CD image handling rewrite:
* .ccd/.img/.sub and .mds/.mdf v1 image files supported.
* Subchannel support (CDTV/CD32 CD+G).
* Audio tracks fully supported.
* SCSI emulation, CD images and non-SPTI mode full uaescsi.device CD audio support,
most common CD SCSI commands emulated. SCSI emulation enabled by default.
* Near-instant compressed (mp3/flac) CD audio and zipped CD image startup time.
* More reliable CD/CD image and CD image/real drive on the fly change support.
- CD32/CDTV more accurate CD audio and animation streaming.
- Rawinput keyboard handling improved.
- Cycle exact audio and disk DMA sequencer, Paula DMA request line timing fully emulated,
(previously DMA accesses were "immediate", all other timing was already exact)
- Direct3D bezel overlays and "old" overlays separated, bezel overlays
are in overlays-directory, old overlays should be renamed as masks.
- Direct3D bezel automatic display area detection and aspect ratio correction.
- Disk images inside archives are automatically "extracted" to Disk Swapper
and floppy drive paths when dragged and dropped.
- 68000 and 68020 cycle exact CPU timing updates.
- 68040 MMU emulation compatibility improved, Linux and NetBSD confirmed working.
- Keyboard led handling improved.
WinUAE 2.2.0 released (28.06.2010)
Major Game Ports and Input GUI update (finally!):
- Quick and easy Game Ports input event remapping support.
- Test mode, check built-in or custom key mappings quickly.
- Also includes simple autofire configuration.
- Game Ports mappings are always merged with Input panel configuration modes (*).
For example when configuring a game pad, you can use Game Ports GUI for basic
configuration and remap extra buttons using Input GUI.
- Input GUI also includes quick test and remap options. Press any key,
joystick or mouse axis or button and selected input target will be
instantly ready for remapping, no more slow and manual searching.
- "Windows mouse" not supported in test or remap modes.
*) Possible compatibility issue with old configuration files in Configuration
#1-3 mode. Workaround: set Game Ports mouse and joystick to none.
Other new features:
- (Pointless) Max 1G Chip RAM support.
- 7zip SDK updated, XZ and PPMD decompression support added.
- Triple/Double/No buffering option added to GUI.
- NTSC checkbox added to Quickstart GUI.
- WASAPI and PortAudio volume control support.
- 68030 data cache emulated (mostly useless currently).
- Save state when emulator is quit configuration file option.
- Show information window while scanning for ROMs.
- Monitor "bezel" overlay image support (configuration file only).
- Floppy sound channel mask (configuration file only).
- CD32 on the fly CD changes, both images and real CDs.
- Autoscale top border position was incorrect in some situations.
- Directory filesystem crash in some situations when attempting
to open non-existing files or directories.
- INTREQR returned bit 15 set in some situations.
- GUI custom CPU frequency was read incorrectly.
- More 68020 "cycle exact" timing fixes (interrupts and blitter).
- 68000 cycle exact too slow CIA interrupt timing.
- Audio filter emulation didn't always follow power led state correctly.
- Amiga to Windows clipboard image sharing failed to convert some image types.
- Direct3D shader mode is more compatible with Intel integrated graphics cards.
- Custom chipset compatibility updates (for example Roots 2.0 / Sanity)
- 68020 "cycle exact" mode improvements.
- Direct3D "none" filter allows again all filter setting adjustments.
- On screen Power LED fade emulation improved.
and more, check winuaechangelog.txt for (technical) details.
WinUAE 2.1.0 released (28.04.2010)
2.0.x bugs fixed:
- Super Stardust level selector sprite bug.
- Directory filesystem mount failures if ISO-8859-15 character set was
not installed in Windows.
- 68020 CE mode duplicate interrupts.
- Command line parser heap corruption.
Other bugs fixed:
- Random Direct3D mode graphics crap is gone.
- Direct3D fullscreen ALT-TAB weird behavior.
- More than 8 CD drives crash.
- Rare dualplayfield buffer corruption. (Shadow Fighter AGA)
- CD32 pad emulation compatibility improved. (Roadkill CD32)
- Some game controller device types were ignored.
- Vista/7 file dialog multi file selection fix (Disk swapper).
- Swapped sound channels if stereo separation was enabled.
- Unreliable VSync in interlaced Direct3D mode.
- NTSC statefiles didn't restore correctly.
- Sometimes printer always reported busy, paper out or offline.
- Directory filesystem rename operation weird behavior if file name
included non-ISO-8859-1 characters.
- Directory filesystem cyrillic character set support.
- Mouse driver (tablet) mode random mouse jitter.
- Filter presets.
- Rar unpacking crashed if unrar.dll was too old.
- CDTV/CD32 direct CD image file support, including audio tracks,
plain iso, cue + bin, cue + bin + wav and cue + bin + mp3.
Quickstart GUI support, cdimage0= in configuration file and
-cdimage= in command line.
- Direct 3D rewrite, shader based (if shaders supported), overlays
and RTG supported, Direct3D is now default rendering backend,
configuration in Misc panel, all software filters are available
in Direct3D and DirectDraw modes.
- DF3: on screen led shows internal (NV)RAM accesses (CDTV and CD32)
- Input panel Caps and Scroll Lock full remapping support.
- A1000 Agnus vblank bug emulated. (Alcatraz Megademo 2)
- Fullscreen dialogs have separate size and position settings (Vista/7),
always center dialogs in fullscreen (XP)
- Multidisk image selection helper, right click on disk image select
button to open quick selection menu.
- "GamePorts" "Copy From" option added to Input panel, copies Game Ports
panel mouse/joystick settings to current input configuration.
- Parallel port sound sampler emulated, WIP, bad sound quality..
- Windowed mode status bar CD/HD/floppy "led" activity status improved.
- "Minimize when focus is lost" option.
- Expand environment variables in configuration and command line file paths.
- Many 68000 CPU cycle-exact mode instruction cycle counting and interrupt
timing updates, A500 emulation accuracy is near-perfect now.
- More compatible CDTV/CD32 CD audio support using direct digital audio
extraction. Sound panel volume control adjusts CD audio volume.
- OCS Denise horizontal position counter bug fully emulated.
- Autoscale display size detection improved.
- Support DMS files that have fake complete track zero. (BBS ads)
- Epson matrix printer emulation improved, no extra libraries or fonts
required anymore, color text and graphics supported.
- OCS chipset "fake 60Hz" refresh rate support rewritten, now handles
- Raw keyboard option is now always enabled, Input panel multiple
WinUAE 2.0.1 released (23.12.2009)
Major 2.0 bugs fixed:
- Random interference in some AGA screen modes.
- Blitter onedot line drawing mode was partially broken in non cycle exact modes.
- Screenshot and AVI recording "capture before filtering" options.
- Tar archive support added to "archive" harddrives.
- Custom chipset emulation compatibility updates. NOTE: ECS Denise
undocumented feature is now emulated and some demos have blank
screen if chipset configuration is set to ECS Denise/Full ECS.
- More compatible directory filesystem character set translation.
- Mouse driver (tablet) mode didn't work without magic mouse.
- Ignore unrar.dll versions that do not support unicode.
WinUAE 2.0.0 (13.12.2009)
Main new features:
- Huge A500 cycle exact mode compatibility improvement.
- Improved unexpanded A1200/CD32 emulation compatibility.
Approximate cycle-exact 68EC020/68020 emulation implemented, includes
emulated 68020 instruction cache, approximate prefetch emulation.
- 68040 MMU emulation (from Aranym) For example Enforcer and M68K Linux
compatibility. Not compatible with JIT.
- A2065 Zorro II hardware ethernet card emulation.
- CD32 drive emulation compatibility improved, includes animation CD
- Old game protection dongles emulated (Leaderboard, Robocop3, etc..)
- Built-in Vista/Windows 7 WASAPI sound API support.
- Real harddrive safetycheck only complains if drive is mounted
read-write and has mounted Windows partitions.
- Full NTSC timing implemented (long/short line toggle etc..)
- "AutoVSync" mode that change native refresh rates automatically.
- Basic CPU frequency/bus multiplier configuration option added.
- Gayle IDE emulation compatibility improved.
- Single sided PC/Atari ST disk images supported.
- AVI and wave sound recording improved.
- File paths support http, https and ftp protocols.
- Automatic split DMS support.
- File dialog file type setting is stored to registry/ini.
- Display width is not anymore restricted to values divisible by eight.
- Bsdsocket emulation MSG_WAITALL implemented, CVS compatibility fix.
- Uaescsi.device TD_REMOVE implemented.
- DMA cycle debugger implemented.
- RTG screen mode on-screen leds.
- "Add PC drives at startup" does not mount drives that are also
configured as real harddrives.
- Programmed refresh (non-PAL or NTSC) rate modes had bad sound.
- Right border background color error in some programs.
- On the fly USB input device insert changed unrelated keyboard layout
- Non-DMA mode sprites work again (broke long time ago)
- 5.1 sound mode had wrong center and sub mixing ratio.
- CD32 pad default mapping green and yellow, RDW and FFW reversed.
- Uaescsi.device TD_GETGEOMETRY off by one error and no media status fixed.
- Directory filesystem ACTION_FH_FROM_LOCK notification bug fixed.
- Some types of serial ports were not detected.
- Randomly appearing single jumping black scanline finally fixed.
- Command line quote parsing was not compatible.
- Mouse didn't capture properly in mouse driver (tablet) mode.
- Directory harddrive duplication was possible in configuration file if
path included national characters.
and much more than ever before..
WinUAE 1.6.1 released (18.06.2009)
1.6.0 bugs fixed:
- ASPI uaescsi.device emulation crash.
- Directory harddrive Windows illegal character handling fixed.
- Magic mouse fixed.
- Loading configuration file from command line with GUI enabled didn't
override Quickstart configuration if Quickstart mode was enabled.
- Gzip decompression fixed.
- Few remaining unicode conversion issues fixed.
Other bug fixes:
- Warp mode in fullscreen mode was not much faster in some situations.
- Direct3D scanlines work correctly again.
- Bsdsocket emulation crash when closing socket in some situations.
- Vsync with "unmatched" refresh rates was not adjusted correctly.
- Added disk image and configuration file icons, file extension
- Added button/key toggle mode to Input panel.
WinUAE 1.6.0 released (21.05.2009)
- Very popular request: automatic display scaling/window resizing!
(not compatible with all programs) Option in Filter-panel.
- PAL/NTSC vertical size change emulated in filter modes.
- Transparent clipboard sharing between Amiga clipboard.device and
Windows clipboard, both Amiga->Windows and Windows->Amiga supported.
Text and images supported, HAM6/8 automatically converted to 24-bit
image, EHB converted to 64-color image. Images with less than 256
colors images converted to standard IFF, higher color images converted
to 24-bit IFF. Text converted to plain text, formatting possible in
- "Interlace fixer", interlaced screens are now rock solid, all interlace
artifacts will be gone. (this feature isn't same as scandoubler or
flickerfixer and not compatible with most games)
- VirtualPC VHD dynamic harddisk image support (dynamic = empty hardfile
is very small, size grows automatically when more data gets written)
- Custom chipset emulation updates, horizontally mixed lores and hires
modes work and more (for example Disposable Hero titlescreen is
finally perfect, Oops Up ray color issue)
- Mouse emulation rewritten (Oil Imperium pipelining minigame)
- 10 sector and 81/82 track PC/Atari ST disk images supported.
- Diskspare disk images supported.
- OCS/ECS "7-planes" mode fully implemented (4 normal bitplanes + 2
static 16-bit patterns for planes 5 and 6) 1st Anniversary by Lazy
Bones has 100% correct display now.
- SuperHires supprted in lores and filtered lores modes.
- 320x256, 640x512, 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024 always added to RTG
mode list (320x200 and 320x240 was already available previously)
- RTG mode vertical blanking interrupt implemented without busy
waiting, interrupt rate added, configuration added to GUI.
- Filter multiplier select boxes now support manually entered
multipliers, for example 2.5 = 2.5x. Aspect ratio correction added.
- Full drawing tablet support. (must be wintab compatible)
- "Magic mouse" mode improvements.
- Parallel port joystick adapter configuration added to Gameports panel
(Much easier and quicker than using Input panel configuration)
- Input device type (mouse, digital joystick, analog joystick, lightpen
etc..) selection added to Gameports panel. (Less need for complex
Input panel configuration)
- WinUAE is now unicode Windows application, added full unicode support
to configuration files. (backwards compatibility still maintained)
- PortAudio v19 audio library support. ASIO, WDM-KS (Windows XP low
level sound API), WASAPI (Vista low level sound API), lower latency
sound. NOTE: WDM-KS is unstable in current PortAudio version.
- Added new 64-bit seek and size dos packets to filesystem emulation.
- ICD AdIDE "scrambled" IDE disk and hardfile format supported, also
includes automatic byteswap detection.
- Include some monitor unsupported modes in display modes list because
some drivers lists custom modes as unsupported with current monitor
(even if they work just fine..)
- ASCII-only and experimental Epson matrix printer emulation added, do
not print anything if less than 10 bytes received.
- Added support for Windows Recent Documents/Windows 7 Jump Lists.
WinUAE 1.5.3 (09.11.2008)
Major 1.5.x bug fixes:
- Huge memory leak when switching between RTG and native modes.
- Writing to disk images didn't work in some games.
- Configuration cache missing files in subdirectories.
- Random freeze when switching to fullscreen modes that are smaller
than desktop resolution.
- Second and third mouse/firebutton handling fix (Aladdin, BC.Kid
Other bugs fixed:
- "Always on top", "No taskbar button" and fullscreen color depth
change works on the fly.
- OpenGL fullscreen fixed.
- Parallel/Serial/MIDI select menus and Input-panel bottom options
didn't work correctly.
- System clock run slightly too fast or slow if chipset refresh rate
was different than startup refresh rate (really old bug).
- OCS NTSC configuration defaulted to PAL refresh rate.
- Real PCMCIA SRAM card re-insert detection fixed.
- Fullscreen RTG 16-bit to 32-bit desktop windowed mode switch
(CTRL+F12) color errors fixed.
- Basic file association settings added to GUI (.uae, .adf etc..)
- RTG vertical blank wait uses interrupts, no more busy waiting. Should
improve performance in many fullscreen RTG games.
- Added RTG virtual refresh rate configuration to GUI.
- Added RTG refresh rate next to chipset refresh rate FPS counter.
- Undocumented OCS "scanline" feature emulated (Ode to Ramon I and II)
- Midline resolution change improvements (still far from perfect,
Disposable Hero, Innovation Part 2)
- Only accept current latest OpenAL32.dll or newer (old versions can
cause crashes during device enumeration)
- Improved emulation of reads from write-only custom registers
(S.E.X. / Fantasys)
- Syncronize Clock stability improved.
WinUAE 1.5.2 (05.09.2008)
Major 1.5.1 bug fixed:
- Random crashing if USB mouse or joystick inserted.
Other bugs fixed:
- Only titlebar was visible if minimized window was restored.
- Bottom part of display was not updated in bigger than display RTG modes.
- uae-configuration/uaectrl didn't always work.
- Bsdsocket emulation was not initialized in some configurations.
- Catweasel MK4 joystick/mouse compatibility improved.
- uaescsi.device media change didn't update all geometry parameters.
- Sound mute on/off inputevent fixed.
- Store relative ROM paths in ini-file mode.
- OpenAL sound support (experimental)
1.5.1 has stupid crashing bug, overflow in USB mouse/joystick name
buffer that can crash emulation randomly, also breaks uae-configuration.
Wanted: Non-emulated Freezer Cartridges (31.12.2007 update)
(already dumped/supported versions in parenthesis)
- X-Power Professional 500 (v1.2/X-Copy v3.2, v1.3/X-Copy v3.4)
- Nordic Power (v1.5, v2.0, v3.0)
- Bus Stop (none)
- Pro Access (none)
- Action Cartridge Super IV Pro loader disk images. (v1.2, v1.3 german)
- Action Replay (v1.00, v1.50, v2.05, v2.12, v2.14, v3.09, v3.17)
(or cartridge ROM images if you have (EP)ROM reader. Note: Nordic Power
and X-Power ROMs are scrambled, scrambling method is known.)
WinUAE 1.5.1 (12.08.2008)
Major 1.5.0 bugs fixed:
- Failed to start with some display card/driver combinations.
- Regular (non-RDB) OFS formatted hardfiles didn't mount under KS 1.3.
- Memory corruption in configuration file handling causing random
crashes when loading or saving configuration files.
- Configuration files in subdirectories didn't load if configuration
cache was enabled.
- RTG hardware mouse cursor may have been invisible (or had
wrong graphics) in some cases after resolution change.
- Switching between non-interlaced and interlaced modes caused random
"scanline" graphics corruption.
Other bug fixes:
- Built-in HRTMon crashed in JIT modes.
- Interlace modes fixed in "normal" (non-doubled/scanline) modes.
- Fixed borderblank graphics corruption in interlaced modes.
- Fixed possible crashes when switching Windows desktop resolution or
when using quick user switching.
- "Kickstart Replacement" fixed.
- PCMCIA SRAM emulation didn't work in memory expansion mode.
- Emulation paused if "stop sound while inactive/minimzed" was enabled.
- Improved directory filesystem statefile support.
- AVI recording crash if only audio recording was enabled.
- Native DLL support fixed.
- Forced fullscreen refresh rates didn't work in some cases.
- Multiple identical (same serial number) USB game controllers do not
confuse input system anymore.
- Major blitter slowdown in some AGA modes.
- ADF was not updated if disk write was aborted (Cadaver save disk)
- Crash when USB mouse/joystick was removed or inserted before
emulation was started.
New and improved features:
- Added support for Direct3D pixel shader filters (very fast compared
to software filters, pixel shader 2.0+ compatible display card
required), plain Direct3D filter performance improved.
Latest (August 2008 or later) DirectX required.
- In windowed mode all resolution or chipset/RTG mode switches
resize the window instead of window closing and opening.
- Aspect ratio setting added to RTG and filter panels.
- Window resize enabled in windowed mode (chipset mode).
- Added Picasso96 option "Always scale in windowed mode" which enables
window resizing and disables automatic resize. Keeps aspect ratio
- Only reset fullscreen mode when resolution or depth changes.
- On the fly USB mouse/joystick insert/removal does not modify
currently selected input device(s) in Ports-panel.
- Enable ini-mode (registry replacement) if .ini
(without .exe) is found. Previously always used winuae.ini.
And more. Originally 1.5.1 was planned to be "1.5.0 bug fix" update only..
Wanted: Non-emulated Freezer Cartridges
- X-Power Professional 500 (non-v1.2)
- Nordic Power (non-v2.0)
- Bus Stop
- Pro Access
- Action Cartridge loader disks/disk images. (non-v1.3 german)
- Action Replay (non v1.00, v1.50, v2.05, v2.12, v2.14, v3.09, v3.17)
(or cartridge ROM images if you have (EP)ROM reader. Note: ROMs are scrambled.)
WinUAE 1.5.0 (19.06.2008)
Requires Windows 2000 or newer. Does not run on Windows 9x/ME.
- Picasso96 emulation rewrite.
* Major speed increase.
* Optimized blitter operations.
* Hardware (flicker free) mouse cursor emulated.
* Picasso96 <> native switch without screen/window reopening if
old and new size matches (instant mode switching).
* Fullscreen to fullscreen switch without desktop flashing.
* Color space conversion, all RTG color depths supported in windowed
mode as long as Windows desktop has same or higher color depth.
* Simple scaling support added, fill to whole screen instead of
switching resolution. (Useful with low resolution games and demos in
windowed mode or if host resolutions like 320x200 are not supported).
* Configurable 15/16/24/32 bit color space formats.
* Important notes if slowdown is noticed:
- Select "NonLocalVRAM" in Misc-panel (if major slowdown)
- Make sure display panel depth setting is same as Picasso96 depth
setting (or tick "Match host and RTG color depth if possible")
Color space conversion is always slower than direct match.
- Filter update.
* Scaling and centering are now more intuitive (NOTE: old settings
are not compatible).
* "FS" scale multiplier added (fill whole screen).
* "1/2" scale multipler added.
* Hq3x and hq4x filters added.
* Onscreen leds are not filtered anymore.
* Keep aspect ratio option added.
* Direct3D/OpenGL filters not yet updated.
- PCMCIA SRAM card emulation, includes real PCMCIA SRAM card support.
- ROM scanner byteswapped and even/odd ROM image support.
- Multithreaded AVI recording, huge speed increase with 2+ core CPUs
- Right mouse button over image selection buttons opens favorites menu
(can add/remove/edit shortcut paths to disk/rom/harddrive images).
- Sprite emulation updates, sprite doublescan support improved
(for example Fantastic Dizzy CD32 background), yet another missing
undocumented feature implemented.
- More compatible with timing changes caused by power saving features.
- Missing uaescsi.device CMD_GETGEOMETRY added.
- Debugger, GUI debugger improvements.
- A600/A1200/A4000 IDE emulation LBA48 (>128G) support.
- Input handling is more Windows-like, only release mouse/joystick/keyboard
when WinUAE loses focus (previously when mouse was not captured)
- Added 1.5M Chip RAM (A600 + 0.5M trap door expansion) and 384M/768/1.5G
Z3 RAM (configures two emulated RAM boards) configurations.
- Configuration file cache implemented, increases initial configuration
list loading speed.
- 5.1 sound settings include center and LFE channel (all 4 channels mixed)
- uaenet.device random deadlock fix, NSCMD_DEVICEQUERY works correctly.
- Gayle interrupt handling update.
- CPU emulation fixes, EXTB.L and CHK.L was 68000 (should be 68020+).
- Sprite emulation fix, Super Skid Marks hires mode cars and Marvin's
Marvellous Adventure score/cloud interference.
- "HAM4" and "HAM5" is displayed properly.
- Sound emulation fix, fixes Weird Dreams hospital scene sound problem.
- More compatible CD32 state restore support.
- AGA mode sprite garbage may have appeared in some cases. (1.4.5+)
- DOS formatted HD floppy image crash.
- Rare real harddrive detection crash.
- CD32 compatibility improved (Liberation CD32)
- Display emulation fix, mixed interlaced and non-interlaced modes don't
cause random display errors anymore, same with doublescanned interlaced
modes. (for example hires-mode Pinball Illusions)
- Autoconfig emulation update, Action Replay 3 does not detect
non-existing fast RAM board anymore.
- Many lha/lzh archives mounted as a harddrive crashed.
- Mousehack (tablet) mode works again
- On the fly mouse/joystick switching crash fix.
- A3000 1.3 SuperKickstart works again.
- Many "non-standard" resolutions were missing in Picasso96 mode.
WinUAE 1.4.6 (02.02.2008)
1.4.6 will be the last version that runs on Windows 98/ME. Following
versions will require Windows 2000 or newer.
1.4.5 problems fixed:
- Mouse never capturing. (Windows 98/ME, rarely on W2K/XP)
- Some games crashing.
- Broken sprite outside playfields-feature and SWIV score information.
- Fullscreen mode with non-default refresh rate fallback problem.
Other bugs fixed:
- A600/A1200/A4000 IDE emulation freeze if >2G drive/HDF.
- CDTV E.S.S. Mega "semi-hidden" track now loads properly on W2K/XP.
- Crash when switching between <=2MB Chip + Fast and >2MB Chip setting.
- Sound emulation tweak. (Dungeon Master II, perhaps some others)
- Unstable NMI (IRQ7) option in cycle-exact and more-compatible modes.
- "Full-window" mode didn't always allow Windows desktop RTG resolution.
- Inverted mouse and analog joystick input sources.
- Input device (USB joystick, mouse etc..) on the fly insertions and
removals supported. Device names saved to configuration file.
- Automatic joystick switching, firebutton 'inserts' any non-selected
joystick to Amiga joystick port, mouse port selected if second button
pressed or there is already other joystick in joystick port with
- Dynamic JIT direct memory allocation. Increased Z3 and RTG maximum
sizes to 1G and 512M. (If at least 2G physical RAM)
- A3000 confirmed 2.04 ROM added to ROM scanner.
- CD32 FMV cartridge ROM added to ROM scanner. ROM and autoconfig
emulated. Overlay and video/audio decoder chips not emulated.
- Directory filesystem ACTION_EXAMINE_ALL implementation is now more
compatible with buggy programs.
- CIA/Gayle overlay emulation setting added to advanced chipset.
- Original early A1000 non-EHB Denise added to advanced chipset.
- Original A1000 (and early A2000) Agnus blitter busy bug added.
- Keyboard reset warning emulated and added to advanced chipset.
- Debugger improvements, hex/dec/bin converter, all commands that accept
numeric parameters also accept register names (RAx,RDx,PC,USP,VBR,..),
number prefixes supported, hex = 0x or $, bin = %, dec = !.
- 1M (both 0xe0/0xf8 and 0xf0/0xf8) and 2M (0xa8/0xb0/0xe0/0xf8) ROM
- Implemented "stretch to fullscreen" filtering option.
WinUAE 1.4.5 (20.12.2007)
- Sana2 compatible net device (uaenet.device) emulation. WinPCap required.
- Full doublescan mode emulation (DBLPAL, DBLNTSC, MultiScan etc..),
sprite doublescan support.
- Full SuperHires emulation, bitplanes and sprites, including ECS
Denise "scrambled palette" superhires mode. Also does not downscale
hires sprites to lores anymore when bitplane resolution is lores.
- SuperHires resolution added to display panel, replaces old GUI lores
setting with lores, hires and superhires select box.
- .dsq (DiskSqueeze) and .wrp (Warp) disk decompression support.
- "Automount" and "Do not boot" harddrive options added.
- Axis movements can be mapped to buttons in input panel
(left/right and up/down)
- Picasso96 resolutions 320x200, 320x240, 640x400 and 640x480 added to
resolution list, even if no native Windows support.
- optional ini-file registry replacement. (winuae.ini or -ini )
- Autocomplete added to most path text .
- Added information text to hardfile panel (shows type, size,.. of HDF)
- Nordic Power 3.0 freezer cartridge support.
- lzx decompression stability and compatibility improved.
- Debugger C-command word and long word support fixed.
- Heavy CD32 Akiko C2P usage caused huge performance loss.
- AGA statefile restore crash fix.
- Analog joystick mouse emulation fix.
- A500 cycle-exact mode freeze in some cases.
- Picasso96 display preferences resolution list corruption.
- A590/A2091 SCSI emulation buffer overflow crash fix.
- Some types of HDF didn't mount properly.
- Some automount issues fixed.
- CDTV and CDTV SCSI emulation compatibility improved.
- Some ECS Denise-only features fixed.
- Miscellaneous fixes here and there.
- Blank screen in windowed mode fixed (RGB overlay incompatibility)
WinUAE 1.4.4 WIP #1 (13.09.2007)
Estimated release date: 1-2 weeks.
- major directory filesystem emulation update:
* removable drive automounting on the fly (USB memory, USB HD, memory
cards, any removable drive that mounts as a drive letter in Windows)
* drag'n'drop directory/archive automount
* more missing filesystem packets supported (including ACTION_EXAMINE_ALL)
- major "Add Harddrive" uaehf.device update:
* removable drives (real harddrives, x-in-one memory card readers, zip drives,
etc..) supported on the fly
* configured drive but no media or [USB] drive not connected when emulation
was started: automounted when inserted (no RDB automount yet)
* empty drives listed in "Add Harddrive" dialog.
- X-Power Professional v1.3 and Nordic Power v1.5 support
- Pro-Wizard module ripper updated to v1.62
- hq2x filter added.
- Added two basic A4000 quickstart configurations.
- More accurate CD32/CDTV end of audio track detection.
- Current configuration name added to window title.
- Windows 2000: "Add Harddrive" was always disabled.
- "Add Harddrive" HD controller selection was missing.
- Better compatibility with OS 3.1 and older HDToolbox versions.
- CD32 statefile support works again.
- Paths handling updates (yet again..)
- Disappearing mouse pointer in fullscreen modes when GUI was active.
WinUAE 1.4.3 (29.07.2007)
- Built-in lha/lzh and lzx support.
- Mount archives as a harddrive with transparent, recursive
(archives inside archive) decompression. Supported: zip, 7zip,
rar (unrar.dll or archiveaccess.dll required), lha/lzh, lzx.
- A3000 Kickstart ROM and SuperKickstart disk support.
- A590/A2091 SCSI, A3000 SCSI and CDTV SCSI expansion harddrive (HDF)
emulation (WD33C93 + (Super)DMAC based SCSI hardware).
- Action Cartridge Super IV Professional freezer cartridge emulation.
- X-Power Professional 500 (v1.2) freezer cartridge emulation.
- Nordic Power (v2.0) freezer cartridge emulation.
- Debugger improvements (improved deep trainer, copper memwatch points,
CPU-model specific registers can be modified, illegal access logger
improved, process breakpoints etc..)
- Paths-panel default paths selection improved.
- Separate native and Picasso96 vsync setting.
- GUI will "autoscroll" if fullscreen mode is smaller than GUI.
- Improved rtg.library, speeds up Picasso96 in high resolution modes
- CDTV emulation improved (DOTC2, Xenon2, ChaosInAndromeda CD player)
- CD32 CD emulation improved (Fightin' Spirit, Base Jumpers etc..)
- Ghostscript printing fixed (again).
- Floppy drive sound selection if fdrawcmd.sys was not installed.
- Video recording sound pitch issue.
- -datapath command line parameter fixed (again..)
- uae-configuration JIT on/off switching fixed.
- Sprite attachment fix, fixes "Great Demo" by "The Tremendous Trio" :)
- Some FPU fixes from Aranym.
- Directory filesystem locked files (most commonly s:startup-sequence)
after software reset
- Filesystem emulation not initializing if JIT was enabled and no other
expansions enabled (fast RAM, Z3 fast, etc..)
WinUAE 1.4.2a (13.05.2007)
- Path handling problems fixed. If you still have problems with paths,
select Paths-panel "WinUAE default (old)" and click "Reset to defaults"
and then manually adjust paths if needed.
- Windows 98SE (and ME?) incompatibility.
WinUAE 1.4.2 (12.05.2007)
- "Windowed fullscreen" for users with multiple monitors, fullscreen
Amiga on secondary monitor, Windows on primary monitor, no more lost
fullscreen when focus changes to Windows program.
- A600/A1200 and A4000 IDE harddrive (HDF) hardware emulation, includes
also "4-Way IDE" / "IDE splitter" emulation.
- Directory, HDF, IDE and Picasso96 statefile support. WARNING: data loss
possible if data in HDF has changed between saving and restoring!
Picasso96 statefile support not 100% compatible yet.
- 68030 and 68060 (with FPU. 68060.library required) emulation. (no MMU)
- 68881/68882 FPU type selectable.
- Global brightness, contrast and gamma adjustment.
- "PAL" TV-like filter, with brightness, contrast, gamma, scanline level,
blur and noise adjustment.
- GUI debugger, debugger improvements. (xx switches debugger modes)
- New GUI font if running under Windows 2000/XP/Vista.
- Interpolation and filters supported in 4/6 channel sound modes.
- Log and debugger console position stored in registry.
- Improved CDTV emulation compatibility.
- 1.4.0 FPU clamping fix.
- Missing channels in 4 channel sound mode. (Emu10K based cards)
- 10x+ performance increase during "decrunching" color effects when
no filters enabled and only background color was visible.
- Crash when loading config and specific chipset extra model was selected.
- Direct HD support improved, SyQuest removable drives detected properly.
- Minor custom chipset emulation updates.
- Rare emulator crash when running Amiga program crashed badly.
- Filter centering improved.
WinUAE 1.4.1 (18.03.2007)
winuae.net server problem finally fixed (hardware failure)
Major bug fixed:
- Start-up crash introduced in 1.4.0.
- Yet another bsdsocket crash fix.
- ASPI detection ignored NeroASPI, also ASPI detection was improved.
- Some interlaced programs had color stripes or wrong colors in right border.
- Picasso96 RTG RAM mapping error in non-JIT mode
- New input targets added. (disk swapper, input configuration 1-4)
- Quickstart-mode automatically selects best available CD access mode.
- Master (Windows main volume) volume control added to input targets.
- map "POV Hat"-type joypad control to joystick horizontal and vertical.
WinUAE 1.4.0 (03.03.2007)
- CDTV emulation, including CD controller, internal SRAM and 64KB SRAM
expansion memory card support.
- More compatible SPTI CD32/CDTV CD support.
- Advanced Chipset configuration. Miscellaneous model specific
hardware configuration entries like real time clock chip type, CIA-A
TOD clock source, RAMSEY, FAT GARY register emulation..
- Rewritten harddisk configuration system. No more lost hardfile or
virtual directory configuration entries if path was missing..
- A3000/A4000 motherboard RAM bank support.
- Added Arcadia bios rom type selection.
- New Windows Vista -style application icon added :)
- Small CIA and custom chip emulation updates.
- FPU emulation floating point to integer conversion fixed
(proper clamping instead of truncating)
- uaeserial.device compatibility improved
- New serial port detection didn't detect all types of serial ports
- Random sound errors after adjusting sound GUI setting on the fly
- Directory filesystem memory leaks fixed and compatibility improved
- It was not possible to disable keyboard layout C after enabling it.
- Sound panel settings were not always enabled correctly.
- -datapath command line parameter didn't work.
- Disk image drag and drop didn't work.
- Quickstart panel disk swapping is properly delayed again.
- Some Picasso96 display modes were not available.
- bsdsocket freeze fix (Aminetradio)
- Windows driver Catweasel support works again.
- "Faster RTG"-mode lockups fixed.
- External drive sound selection GUI didn't work if fdrawcmd.sys
was not installed.
WinUAE 1.3.4 (30.12.2006)
- Improved bsdsocket emulation stability
- Winuaeclipboard crash fix
- Windows Vista compatibility problems fixed
- Filesystem flag handling on FAT volumes
- Page Down-key Input panel remapping works properly
- Sound system improved
- ECS Denise/AGA borderblank feature works properly
- Dualcore/SMP random freezes properly fixed
and more minor fixes...
Bugs introduced in 1.3.3 fixed:
- AVIOutput out of sync fix
- CPU emulation condition code fix
- Fixed handle leak in bsdsocket and AHI
- Sound pitch shifting in VSync-mode and more...
- Catweasel MK4 mouse support
- Improved emulation of AGA sprites outside display window
- uaeserial.device introduced. Multi-port serial device, unit numbers
are directly mapped to PC serial ports (unit 0 = COM0, 1 = COM1 etc..)
- Improved serial port detection, virtual devices also supported
- Improved Catweasel MK3/4 support without Windows driver installed
(requires TVicPort, http://www.entechtaiwan.com/dev/port/index.shtm)
- Improved debugger features
- Sound system is not anymore reinitialized when losing/gaining focus
- 1M (1024KB) ROM image support
- Sound volume configuration setting also sets AHI audio volume
(previously was Paula audio only)
- Custom chipset interrupt timing improved
WinUAE 1.3.3 (04.11.2006)
- big E-UAE merge, cleanups, optimizations etc..
- Reboot loop if RTG RAM without Z3 RAM enabled (1.3.2 bug)
- Hardfile TD_GETGEOMETRY buffer overflow fix
- RDB emulation failed to mount partition(s) if RDB had one or more
not needed filesystems and required FS was in ROM.
- Selecting "Mousehack mouse" crashed if HD emulation was not enabled.
- "Genlock connected" GUI checkbox fixed (1.3.2 bug)
- Clicking eject in GUI and immediately selecting another floppy image
enables delayed insert instead of immediately inserting the image.
- Input panel key mapped to reverted back to its default
mapping after saving and loading the configuration.
- Directory filesystem Windows flag-AmigaOS flag handling fixes.
- Bsdsocket.library Remote Desktop compatibility fix.
- Dual core directory filesystem freeze workaround
- Some minor blitter timing and CIA emulation fixes.
- Stereo sound channel swap setting stored in configuration.
Major new features:
- Lightpen/lightgun emulation.
- Built-in 7zip decompression support.
- Unrar.dll rar archive decompression support.
- Sound emulation partially rewritten, better latency, possible
fix for scratchy sound on some systems. Sound emulation will be
automatically disabled when emulated audio subsystem is idle. Audio
status led implemented.
- Better DMS error handling, encrypted DMS files are transparently
- bsdsocket.library ReleaseCopyOfSocket() implemented (AmiVNC fixed)
- Improved AF rom.key support.
- ProWizard module ripper updated to latest version.
- 100% accurate sound emulation mode does not cause huge CPU usage
anymore with specific games, for example Paradroid 90 and Rambo 3.
- Automatic direct IO Catweasel MK4 support if no Windows driver
installed, CWMK4 can now be used under 64-bit Windows XP.
TVicPort direct io driver required.
WinUAE 1.3.2 (03.09.2006)
WinUAE 1.3.x bugs fixed:
- Debug window won't open automatically anymore
- HRTMon keyboard layout and WHDLoad commands fixed
- Mouse Up/Down and Left/Right input destinations supported
- CD32 state save support (work in progress)
- A1000 Kickstart disk images can be used as a ROM image
WinUAE 1.3.1 (05.08.2006)
WinUAE 1.3 bugs fixed
- Uaescsi.device freeze problem fixed.
- Boot freeze if A4000 ROM was used without AGA.
- Original extended ADF read bug.
- Larger than 1280 wide fullscreen modes work.
- Sound "led" filter configuration data was read incorrectly.
- AVIOutput does not split the AVI anymore when focus was lost.
- D3D filter fullscreen/windowed switching should not freeze anymore.
- Integrated mousehack access fault fixed.
New and improved features:
- AVIOutput codec settings stored in registry and other small tweaks.
- HRTMon updated to 2.30, WHDLoad-commands supported.
- Some custom chipset timing tweaks.
WinUAE 1.3 (16.07.2006)
New and improved features:
- Input event recording and playback (WIP)
- PC floppy drive drive sound emulation :)
- Mousehack-"driver" build-in.
- PC DD and HD floppy image support.
- Added improved audio filter and interpolation code from uade
and other sound setting updates.
- Added build-in HRTMon debugger/monitor. (WIP)
- Action Replay for Amiga 1200 ROM image support.
- Arcadia emulation updates.
- Directory filesystem compatibility updates. (illegal characters in
directory names work better now, some protection flag tweaks,
more compatible disk capacity check if disk is very big,
compatibility issues with \\server\share-directories fixed)
- Debugger updates. (improved trainer search command, fa-command,
like in Action Replay, AGA color register dump etc..)
- Fix for random state restore freeze.
- AVIOutput crash, incorrect window size.
- Random Picasso96 screen mode switch crash.
- "Create hard disk imagefile"-option in harddisk settings fixed,
previously it usually created corrupt hardfiles..
- Fixed garbage lines when program mixed interlace and
- D3D filter fullscreen freeze fixed.
- Priority-panel "pause emulation/disable sound output"-checkboxes
were not initialized correctly.
And more smaller (and maybe bigger) changes..
WinUAE 1.2 (20.02.2006)
- New "lores filter" in GUI, fixes incorrect colors in programs that
use superhires trick (eg. Virtual Karting, demo Rest-2).
- Logitech G15 keyboard LCD support.
- FPU emulation updates and fixes.
- Ability to create 1:1 HDF from Amiga formatted harddisk.
- ProWizard module ripper updated to latest version.
- Display Filter panel updates, added 1x,2x,4x,6x,8x multipliers.
- PNG screenshots.
- Light pen hardware emulated. (but no trigger or cursor emulation yet)
- Manual language selection.
- Right border color problems finally fixed.
(Leander, T-Racer, Unreal etc..)
- Misc custom chipset emulation updates.
(Bubba'n'Stix second level, Cover Girl Strip Poker title screen,
Detonator, Thai Boxing, Wicked etc..)
- CIA TOD counter fix. (demo Harmony by Haujobb
- Display was shifted by one pixel in lores-mode and horiz centering enabled.
- Overlay windowed mode one pixel position error.
- Swapped parallel port joystick adapter firebuttons.
- Toggling disk image's read-write status don't leave locked files anymore.
- Amiga Forever 2005 path detection should really work 100% now.
- Corrupted wav-files in 4-channel audio mode.
WinUAE 1.1.1 (24.10.2005)
- Incorrect AF 2005 path defaults.
- Blitter freeze in CE-mode if D-channel was not enabled.
- Misc/Priority panel crash when running under Windows 9x/ME.
- Parallel port emulation. (Gauntlet III)
- Two disk emulation bugs. (Xybots, Disposable Hero and others)
- Incorrect .uae extension path if -datapath -command line
parameter was used.
- Old versions of AdaptecASPI and NeroASPI are now automatically
rejected. No more crashes or bluescreens under Windows 9x/ME if
Windows build-in ASPI is used.
- Full SCSI device support in SPTI-mode.
- Display panel resolution and depth moved to separate select boxes
- Disk history format changed. File name is now visible even if
path is very long.
WinUAE 1.1 (02.10.2005)
Major bugs introduced in 1.0 fixed:
- Picasso96 graphics corruption after ALT-TAB
- Zipped Amiga Forever Kickstart ROM image decryption problem
- JIT FPU ACOS bug (incorrect result if argument was negative)
Older bugs fixed:
- More stable on the fly configuration loading
- In windowed mode Amiga window height was sometimes slightly larger than requested size
- "the desktop is too small for the specified window size"-check was not completely correct
- AHI recording mode memory leak
- Some Amiga monitor drivers work now properly (for example Euro36)
- Incorrect paths if WinUAE was run from networked drive
- Some custom chipset emulation bugs (Obliterator intro, Elfmania scoreboard, Warp and others)
- Directory filesystem directory modification date bug if comment or protection flags were modified
- Improved directory filesystem compatibility
- Rare disk emulation bug introduced in 0.9.90
- Action Replay statefile restore bug introduced in 0.9.90
- OCS/ECS color translation to native colors fixed. (this was bug since the beginning of UAE..) Colors are now slightly brighter. No effect on AGA-mode colors.
- Configurable Catweasel joystick support, MK4 mouse support added
(NOTE: Right and middle mouse button may not work with all mice,
requires Catweasel driver/firmware update)
- MMKeyboard support added
- Transparent "drive led status bar"
- SPTI (Windows 2K/XP) SCSI emulation includes non-CDROM SCSI devices
- Improved uaescsi.device SCSI interface selection
- Custom emulation updates (Death Trap, Loons Docs, Spanish Rose by
Creed, Filled Perspective by Zero Defects, Himalaya by Avalanche..)
- Improved default path setting, Amiga Forever 2005 paths supported
- More missing keycodes added to input-panel
- Copper debugger: tracing, single step and breakpoint
- Disk swapper: right button doubleclick in "Disk image"-column:
removes disk in disk swapper panel. right button singleclick in
"Drive"-column: remove disk in drive
- New-style ROM config entries
- Compressed hardfiles supported (limitations: max 100MB, all written
data will be lost after reset or exit, hardfile file name extension
must be either hdz, zip, rar or 7z)
- Hardfile drag&drop to harddisk-panel
WinUAE 0.9.92 (22.12.2004) "WinUAE 1.0 public beta #3"
Final beta before 1.0 (?)
- Regular HDF TD_GEOMETRY returned incorrect data. (caused some
larger HDF's fail to mount, 0.9.91 only)
- Filesystem bug fix (0.9.90-91), files with Windows
System or Hidden -flag set didn't open properly in all cases.
- Stardust starwars-scroller in cycle-exact mode.
- SuperStardust AGA tunnel-section and Superfrog intro bee flashing
plus other sprite emulation fixes.
- Random disk formatting verify errors when using non-turbo mode
(was broken couple of releases ago)
- Display corruption/crashes if display width was larger than 1024
and display depth was 32bit (only native display mode, Picasso96
- Windowed mode window close button didn't work if "Use CTRL+F11
to quit" was enabled
- input-panel autofire yes/no-selection
- AVIOutput video recording bug in interlaced modes
- Filesystem emulation now uses NTFS named streams to store Amiga
FS protection flags and comment instead of __UAEFSDB.__-files.
(non-NTFS drives still use old method)
- Postscript printer emulation using Ghostscript. All Windows
supported printers work now. Amiga-side only needs standard Amiga
Postscript printer driver.
- Automatic print job flush after user configurable timeout.
- Improved hardfile creation, filesystem selection (OFS/FFS/SFS) etc..
- Disk swapper key shortcuts.
END+1-0 (not numeric keypad) = insert image from swapper slot 1-10
END+SHIFT+1-0 = insert image from swapper slot 11-20
END+CTRL+1-4 = select drive
- GUI drag'n'drop. (no more ugly up/down arrows)
- screenshots are now named _xxx.bmp
- user configurable emulation speed adjustment from 5 to 100 fps
- rar and 7zip -archive support (using archiveaccess.dll)
- some custom chipset emulation improvements here and there.
- improved drive click sound emulation
- X-Arcade build-in key mappings
- onscreen disk and HD leds flash red while writing
- "Always on top"-windowed mode setting
WinUAE 0.9.91 (19.08.2004) "WinUAE 1.0 public beta #2"
Bugs in 0.9.90 fixed:
- Multiple directory filesystem emulation bugs (files getting truncated
to zero if opened in rw-mode, read-only files failing to open and some
operations returning incorrect AmigaDOS error codes)
- AGA horizontal scrolling bug in some games.
- Stereo separation setting was not always set properly.
- Another task-switching Direct3D/OpenGL-mode problem.
Other fixes and updates:
- Picasso96 black screen after CTRL-ALT-DEL.
- bsdsocket update, fixes ~2 second pause on some systems and
added internet connection off-line check (Stephen Riedelbeck)
- CPU idle calculation update. CPU Idle-setting may need re-adjusting.
- PP Hammer and Spindizzy Worlds graphics flicker fixed in non-cycle
exact mode (again..)
- "uae-configuration" Amiga side program that can list current configuration,
change all configuration parameters and send any inputevent on the fly.
- Both right alt and ctrl are mapped to firebutton in keyboard layout B
(some laptops don't have right ctrl key).
- disable quickstart-mode if using -f or -config= -command
WinUAE 0.9.90 (31.07.2004) "WinUAE 1.0 public beta #1"
- New Quickstart-panel. Easy and fast way to run disk-based games or
demos. Simply select Amiga model, compatibility level, disk image
and click start! [Screenshot]
- Hardware and host configuration separated. Create and use your own
custom host configurations instead of build-in host configuration.
data from standard configuration files.
- Kickstart ROM scanner and autodetection. (only official ROMs supported)
Old-style ROM selection is still supported. [Screenshot]
- User configurable graphics filter presets.
- Scaling support in all software filters.
- Paths-panel added. User configurable ROM, statefile, screenshot etc.. paths.
- Automatically return back to GUI if Kickstart ROM fails to load.
- Added help-tooltips here and there.
- More compatible paraport direct parallel port support.
- Mapped filesystem P-flag to Windows System-flag, H-flag to Hidden
and fixed inverted archive-flag.
- Replaced "PC Joystick 0", "PC Joystick 1" and "PC Mouse" with select box
listing all available input devices. [Screenshot]
- Configurable stereo separation and stereo mixing delay.
- uaehf.device TD_GETGEOMETRY support.
- USB keyboard led support.
- Fullscreen mousehack (Tablet) support.
- Directory filesystem emulation Windows Recycle Bin support.
- Ages old right border horizontal centering graphics bug.
- ECS Agnus was always reported as an OCS Agnus (0.8.26)
- 68000 cycle-exact mode compatibility (0.8.26)
- Floppy emulation writing bug (0.8.26, fixes SWOS disk error when saving).
- Dialogs in fullscreen mode.
- On the fly switching between A1000/CDTV/CD32 modes.
- Swapping disk image sometimes changed another drive's disk image.
- German keyboard #-key.
- Windowed mode DFx,Power,etc.. "leds" are now non-96DPI compatible.
- Minimized WinUAE jumping back to fullscreen by clicking on other program's
taskbar buttons and other ALT-TAB handling updates.
- CD32 pad emulation.
- AIBB crash in 68020-mode.
- Debugger keyboard freeze on some Windows 2000 systems.
WinUAE 0.9.90 Oberfläche
WinUAE 0.8.27 (06.06.2004)
- JIT-only crash when loading state file or loading new
config on the fly
- crash when loading config and directory or no config
file was selected
- ports-page uninitialized joystick/mouse radio buttons
- ignore files not having .uae-extension when scanning
configuration file directory
- GUI works now with non-96DPI fonts
- possible crash when starting emulator or inserting/ejecting
- JIT compatibility problems with some games (for example
Alien Breed 3D II)
- debugger am-command
- "Priority=2!"-debug dialog
- disk image path/name text input
Older bugs fixed:
- centering improved
- hardfile error "tried to seek out of bounds"-message when
hardfile was too small or blocksize was set to zero
- fullscreen D3D/OpenGL-mode ALT-TAB
- fixed forever repeating "...because desktop is too small for
the specified window size.."
- saving config: always add (if missing) ".uae"-extension to
config file name
- "exter_int_helper: unknown native action xxx"
- new rtg.library, 20-30 times faster Picasso96 pixel read
- don't add contents of zip file to disk history if zip only
contains one supported disk image file
- compatibility fix for buggy programs that access non-existing
memory in CIA address space
- MIDI can be selected without serial port
- full collision level implemented correctly (game "Rotor")
- AVIOutput tweaks
- improved compatibility (Back in Bizness, Total Triple Trouble)
WinUAE 0.8.26 (15.05.2004)
- custom chipset emulation updates (Aunt Arctic Adventure
collision detection, Warhead music and sound effects etc..)
- very old FPU emulation bug
- bsdsocket emulation (AmiTradeCenter, CTRL-C signal check)
- interrupt level 7 freeze
- uaescsi.device MODE SENSE/SELECT translation
- Picasso96 WaitForVSync fix (Fake Electronic Lightshow" by
- Picasso96 8-bit mode palette problem (black Workbench
background color after returning from Windows desktop)
- MIDI-IN random freeze
- new GUI! [Preview]
- improved GUI pages
- systray icon and shortcut menu
- improved drop and drop support
- faster END+PAUSE warp-mode
- 68020+/JIT crash prevention
- debugger improvements
- floppy drive disk image history list
- disk swapper page for swapping quickly multi-disk games
- integrated Pro Wizard module ripper
- improved IPF (CAPS) and FDI support
WinUAE 0.8.25 (21.02.2004)
- DirectDraw error when starting WinUAE 0.8.24 if display card supports multiple
heads and one or more head is disabled (also depends on display driver)
- crash when starting emulation if more than 2 mouse-like devices are detected
- floppy drive sound emulation volume level was not saved to config file
- floppy drive sample rate conversion was broken, sound quality was
very bad if selected sample rate was not 44100Hz.
- multimouse support under Windows XP
- bsdsocket emulation update, fixes CNet's SMTPd
- uaescsi.device IDE ATAPI CDROM translation support, fixes PlayCD
- right border is not clipped anymore if program uses overscan
(Settlers, Pinball Illusions etc..)
- fixed display corruption in some older programs
(Mystic Tunes by Vertical, Bierkrug-tro by TEK, Forgotten Realms
Slideshow '90 by Fraxion etc..)
- AVIOutput improved, much faster recording if any software filter
(null filter recommended) is enabled
- readme.txt updated. (custom drive sounds, how to use multimouse etc..)
WinUAE 0.8.24 (04.02.2004)
- Windows 9x/ME duplicate keypresses when using USB-keyboard
- bsdsocket emulation updates (TCP:, Apache)
- saving compressed state file without zlib1.dll created broken state file
- crash after saving four or more state files
- improved multimonitor compatibility
- sound volume slider and keyboard shortcuts
(END+numpad -, END+numpad + and END+numpad *, also multimedia keys Volume +- and Mute)
- configurable floppy drive sound emulation :)
- improved debugger (new breakpoints, memwatch points etc..)
- Windows XP-compatible multimouse support, improved input-support
- FDI 2.0-disk image format
and some smaller updates..
WinUAE 0.8.23 (10.12.2003)
- mousebutton getting stuck randomly when WinUAE lost focus
- floppy drives' state was not restored fully
- fixed crash when switching from 68000 to JIT-mode
- bsdsocket browser freezes/slowdowns
- SPTI CDROM media change detection
- parallel port joystick adapter works properly again
- saving state in ce-mode with blitter active created broken state files
- serial port/MIDI randomly lost received characters
- maprom emulation (BlizKick support)
- first CDROM is always uaescsi.device unit zero, second is zero etc.. and then
other non-CDROM SCSI devices
- improved priority settings
- improved filter options
- compatibility improvements
- bsdsocket emulation improved (Jabberwocky)
- faster Picasso96 solid window moves
- improved AHI emulation
- IRQ level 7 shortcut in input-tab
- percentage of CPU in use -meter added next to FPS-counter
- immediate state save (no need to exit the GUI anymore)
- dropped release numbers :)
WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 9 (24.08.2003)
- compiler misoptimization of some rare instructions
(affected 0.8.22R8 only, usually caused GURUs)
- bsdsocket emulation (connection freeze, IRCD, AmyGate etc..)
- NTSC vsync sound
- Windows 2K/XP CD detection problems in non-ASPI mode
- more compatible audio emulation
(TBL's Tint, some demos playing only noise)
- ticking/unticking 68000 "more compatible" checkbox on the fly
does not crash the emulated Amiga anymore
- AVI capture sound sync
- software 2x filters (Scale2x, SuperEagle, 2xSaI and Super2xSaI) and
manual screen position adjustment.
- separate windowed and fullscreen mode width and height
- 100% exact blitter block mode cycle diagram (cycle-exact mode only)
- replaced "run at higher priority" with priority selection select box
- added CAPS support to mini-version
- automatic AVI splitting
WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 8 (16.07.2003)
- stuck joypad POV directional controller
- joystick keyboard layout B and C second firebutton
- workaround for buggy sound driver (ISA SB16, maybe others)
that report zero as minimum and maximum supported sample rate
- possible crash when copying to virtual filesystem's root
- CD32 media change detection
- extended ADF write protection check
- extended ADF HD floppy support
- fast copper works again + config file support
- JIT FPU fix (Descent Freespace -demo)
- 57600 serial bit rate was incorrectly rounded to 56000
- ~2.8GHz+ CPU clock rate calculation overflow
- all configuration file loading restrictions removed,
load new configuration file at any time!
- display width, height, depth, lores, doubling, correct aspect
can be changed on the fly
- bsdsocket.library updates
- Picasso96 emulation optimizations
- improved audio emulation
(Mortville Manor, Maupiti Island speech and Fighting Soccer)
- AHI driver update
- improved and more compatible CD32 pad emulation
- improved CD32 CD autodetection
- sound capture to wav-file
- Direct3D hardware filtering and scaling
- more configurable source tree, added very simple way
to disable features like AGA, JIT, bsdsocket, Picasso96,
harddisk, 68020+ etc..
- separate basic A500-only WinUAE executable included (winuae_mini.exe)
- quick state save (SHIFT/CTRL + END + numpad 0-9) and restore support (END + numpad 0-9)
WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 7 (30.05.2003)
- printer didn't work if serial port emulation was enabled
- palette wasn't updated properly when entering and exiting the GUI
in fullscreen 8-bit Picasso96 mode
- button or key mapped to mouse horizontal or vertical axis
- random crash when horizontal centering was enabled
- bsdsocket emulation, ping, traceroute, AmTelnet SSH connection freeze
- config save crash and non working keyboard
- ShapeShifter-support improved, all Kickstart 2.x/3.x versions supported
- lores-mode support for "sprites outside display window"-feature
- and more..
- emulation compatibility improvements
Elfmania, Rainbow Island (broke accidentally in R6),
Mission Elevator (properly fixed this time...), SWIV,
Old Timer, Inferior, Sub Rally, Sargon History, TBL demos,
Sound of Silents, Cardamom, Cardamon etc..
- analog joystick (paddle) ports emulated
- improved hard/ZIP disk RDB detection
- Action Replay 2/3 state file support
- sound "power led" filter emulation
- freely selectable sound sample rate (8000 - 48000)
- "direct" serial port support, fixes PC to PC Lotus 2 serial link
problems. (two player only, 3 or 4 players require lower serial
latency that is not possible under Windows)
- zipped CAPS-image support
- updated AHI driver included
WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 6 (19.04.2003)
- increased compatibility
- display emulation graphics corruption in some programs
(NOTE: some very old games, for example Eliminator, require OCS Agnus)
- sprites outside display window emulated partially
(Banshee AGA, Alien Breed 3D)
- audio emulation fixes (noise and random popping)
- input configuration fixes
- crash when creating new CD32 NVRAM-file
- compressed disk images can be write-enabled
- more compatible with newer CDTV extended ROMs
(still no CDROM controller emulation)
- disk emulation fixes (writing freeze, drive type, disk eject/insert,
more compatible disk change detection, writing to multiple drives simultaneously)
- stuck middle button when "Middle Mouse-Button -> ALT-TAB" was enabled
- don't crash if zlib.dll is missing
- lost mouse input events when using high refresh rate mouse
- compressed state files
- rewritten and more compatible serial port emulation,
serial link game support
- more compatible blitter speed in non cycle-exact mode
(Spindizzy Worlds, PP Hammer..)
- turbo-floppy speed enables fast writing
- disable screensaver when WinUAE is active
- improved configurable CPU idle-function
- screenshots saved to ScreenShots-directory
- input configuration joystick port swap and device
WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 5
- CD32-mode media change detection
- SlowRAM detection fixes (Commando and more)
- more compatible CIA keyboard emulation (Back to the Future 2 and more)
- bsdsocket.library emulation updates (Stephen Riedelbeck)
- state restore fixes
- fixed mouse problems in Space Crusade, Billy the Kid etc..
- writing to custom floppy images was unstable
- primary sound buffer-checkbox removed and disabled. It is useless and usually
only caused huge slowdown problems.
- PC Competitor interface's second joystick works properly
- improved compatibility (fixes USGold Murder, Crack Down, Liverpool,
Pinball Hazard, future CAPS-images etc..)
- SuperHires sprite fix (SkidMarks AGA)
- another Pentium 4 JIT-crash workaround
- improved Action Replay support (Mark Cox)
- configurable boot priority and device name for regular (non-RDB) hardfiles
and virtual directory filesystems
- configurable filesystem for regular hardfiles. (Automount/boot for example
SmartFileSystem formatted regular hardfiles)
- FPU state file support
- configurable keyboard leds (DF0,DF1,DF2,DF3,POWER,HD,CD)
- floppy write-protect state added to floppies-tab
- implemented write-support for images that don't support writing
natively (compressed images, CAPS-images)
- Amiga program p96refresh for selecting mousepointer refreshrates in
Picasso96 mode (Bernd Roesch)
- "Middle-Mouse-Button -> ALT-TAB" works now in fullscreen mode
- improved input-tab GUI, increased number of input mappings from 1 to 4
- CD32 pads are now enabled in non-cd32 mode if configured in input-tab
- state files are saved to SaveStates-directory (was Configurations..)
WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 4 (22.12.2002)
- changing joystick options in ports-tab caused joystick to not respond in some cases
- bad performance on laptops with power saving enabled
- mouse handling updates
- RDB SmartFileSystem 1.58 (and older?) crash fixed
- more filesystem bug fixes
- uaescsi.device reset crash on Win9x
- some games had problems detecting slow ram (for example Lotus 3), fixed
- MIDI SYSEX buffer overflows fixed
- sound timing always defaulted back to PAL when WinUAE lost or gained focus, fixed
- more ALT-TAB switching problems fixedja
- improved FPS counter
- filesystem notification (ACTION_ADD_NOTIFY, ACTION_REMOVE_NOTIFY) support added and more..
- CD-led is lit when CD32 audio track is playing
- new keyboard shortcuts: PAUSE-pause emulation, PAUSE+END-turbo speed
- CAPS-image support (http://www.caps-project.org/)
- Catweasel MK3 support (joystick ports, keyboard and Zorro2-board emulation for multidisk.device)
Card base address must be manually added to configuration file (catweasel_io=0x????).
This will be fixed when real driver supporting all Catweasel features is available.
- 1.5MB slow RAM support
Catweasel MK1/3 configuration instructions will be added soon
WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 3 (22.11.2002)
- Ports-tab crash fixed
- joystick handling fixes
- hard drive configuration save fixed
(trailing spaces are now removed from HD ID-string)
- fixed stuck keys when switching between WinUAE and Windows
- sprite fix (some games had flashing sprite garbage)
- thread priority tweaks
- setupapi.dll error when running under Windows 95
- emulation slowdown and sound stuttering in 68000 mode (finally?)
- Amithlon partition detection fixed (detection failed if drive's
partition table contained more than 6 partitions)
- jumpy mouse fixed
- hardfile not found -bug fixed
- "The selected screen mode can't be displayed in a window, because.." now correctly
forces fullscreen mode instead of repeating the message forever..
- implemented harddisk and CD-leds that flash during HD/CD access
WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 2 (14.11.2002)
- Kickstart 1.3 RDB and regular hardfile autoboot/automount support
KS 1.3 regular (non-RDB) HDF autoboot requires FastFileSystem from WB1.3:L in KS roms-directory
- keyboard/mouse/joystick handling rewritten for DirectInput
Windows keys are now 100% usable as an Amiga keys and SHIFT-keys don't get stuck anymore
- mouse speed configuration
- all keyboard keys (even special "multimedia keys") are available in input-tab configuration window
- configurable floppy drive type (3.5"DD/3.5"HD/A1010 5.25"SD)
Following features require Windows 2000 or Windows XP
- "unlimited" hardfile size (2G limit removed),
uaehf.device now supports TD64 and NSD -style 64-bit addressing
NTFS filesystem required for >4G hardfiles (FAT32 max file size is about 4G)
WARNING: Make sure installed AmigaOS is new enough (OS 3.9 recommended)
- ability to mount real harddisks with full RDB automount/autoboot support
- Amithlon partition support
- Slow harddisk, CDROM, etc.. performance in non-CPU idle mode
- CPU idle tweaks, defaults to off, config file support
- disk emulation improvements
- added missing configuration file entries
- better compatibility with old config files
- 68000 "more compatible"-checkbox works again
- fixed uaehf.device crash with older HDToolBox versions
- custom chipset fixes (Chaos Engine AGA/CD32, Obliterator, Terrorpods etc..)
- GUI's screenshot-button was always disabled
- state file restore fixes (CPU type is automatically restored correctly and more)
- switch from fullscreen/no-vsync to vsync-mode crash fixed
- filesystem "ghost"-file bug fixed (but filesystem emulation still have some bugs left..)
- bsdsocket emulation compatibility fixes
- fixed serial and printer port defaults
WinUAE 0.8.22 Release 1 (08.09.2002)
- UAE 0.8.22 merge, bumped version number (but most changes were already included in R4)
- 68000 CHK-instruction fix (Days of Thunder) and exception 3 handling update
- real 68000 prefetch emulation ("100 most remembered C64 games" and more)
- some custom chipset fixes (sprite-playfield collisions, graphics corruption)
- keyboard fix (some key presses were missed when pressing multiple keys)
- A1000 emulation fixes
- AVIOutput update (Sane)
- input-tab updates
- vsync works properly in interlaced screen modes
- sound updates/changes (DirectSound, uses UAE timing in non-JIT/vsync modes and more...)
- filesystem bug fixes
- CD32 pad numeric keypad emulation works again
- fixed joystick bugs in compatibility mode
- fast RAM state save fix
- bsdsocket fix (Stephan Riedelbeck)
- disk emulation fixes
- full harddisk image support (hdtoolbox, RDB, custom filesystems, SFS and PFS3 confirmed working)
- uaescsi.device improvements, confirmed compatible with CacheCDFS, AmiCDFS and AsimCDFS
(disk change support added and use of direct scsi-mode is not needed anymore)
- Action Replay 1 support (but breakpoints don't work)
- CPU idle (tries to detect use of STOP-instruction, may not be complatible with all Amiga
- floppy speed slider is back
- new AHI code and driver (Bernd Roesch)
- Amiga <> Windows clipboard support (Bernd Roesch)
- on the fly switching between OpenGL and DirectDraw mode
- on the fly switching between vsync and non-vsync mode
- compressed Kickstart ROM image support
- build-in screenshot function, shortcut key: F11 (Sane)
- experimental (and much slower) cycle-exact cpu and blitter emulation mode
WARNING: requires at least 50%+ more cpu power than "regular" mode.
Athlon XP/Pentium IV + DDR/RAMBUS RAM highly recommended!
WARNING2: Frameskip must be set to 1
WARNING3: very experimental, timing is quite far from perfection
- wkeykill.dll support (disables Windows-keys)
- OpenGL scanline brightness slider added
WinUAE 0.8.21 Release 4 (28.05.2002)
- EXPERIMENTAL: added configurable input device (mouse, joystick, keyboard) support
- EXPERIMENTAL: added OpenGL mode (for best results set lores and disable line-doubling)
- printer support fixed (Bernd Roesch)
- MIDI updates (Bernd Roesch, Alfred J. Faust)
- custom chipset updates (Superfrog,Exile,Apocalypse,Rainbow Islands,Torvak the Warrior etc..)
- CPU idle patch (no more 100% CPU usage)
- HOME + F5 opens state restore dialog and SHIFT + HOME + F5 opens state save dialog
- vsync updates (50/60/100/120 frequencies are now always selectable. Useful for Powerstrip users)
- AVIoutput improvements (can be started later, stops when re-entering GUI)
- Picasso96 updates. Mouse trails are now 100% fixed (Bernd Roesch)
- refresh rate selection only affects Amiga display modes, Picasso96 always use default refresh rate
- "16-bit mode detect" crash fixed
- removed useless 8/16-bit sound selection. Sound output is now always 16-bit
- sound lag compensation slider reimplemented. (if you have bad sound, move slider left until sound gets better)
- build-in gzip and zip support (autoselects first adf-image or Amiga executable if zip contains multiple files)
- executable to adf support, just "insert" Amiga executable in to floppy drive
- improved external decompression support (xdms.exe)
- configuration save option is now available even after emulation has been started
- HD floppy image support in disk-tab
WinUAE 0.8.21 Release 3 (13.04.2002)
- experimental vsync support, refresh rate selection and triple buffering implemented. (me)
- extended CDTV ROM supported. (me)
- joystick emulation fixes. (me)
- Picasso96 fixes. (Bernd Roesch)
- DirectX 7 or newer required. (was DX 5 or newer)
- custom chipset emulation compatiblity updates. (me, Bernd Schmidt)
- Shapeshifter-checkbox fixed. (patch from WinUAE 0.8.17)
- hardfile fix, Reorg works again. (patch from WinUAE 0.8.17)
- serial port update. (Bernd Roesch)
- JIT CPU emulator update (from BasiliskII-JIT)
WinUAE 0.8.21 Release 2 (07.03.2002)
- FIXED: custom chipset emulation fixes (me, Bernd Schmidt)
- FIXED: JIT FPU (Bernd Roesch)
- FIXED: filesystem emulation (Bernd Schmidt, Stephan Riedelbeck)
- FIXED: PC joystick 2 (me)
- FIXED: mouse 2 emulation (me)
- FIXED: multiple CD32 CDROM and uaescsi.device updates (me)
- FIXED: bsdsocket (Bernd Roesch, Stephan Riedelbeck)
- FIXED: configuration GUI memory leak fixed (Stephan Riedelbeck)
- FIXED: keyboard problems (me)
- FIXED: CD32 pad button emulation
- FIXED: serial port updates (Bernd Roesch, me)
- CHANGED: sound emulation (me, Bernd Schmidt)
- ADDED: CD32 media eject/insert support (me)
- ADDED: CTRL-AMIGA-AMIGA-ALT resets and clears chipmemory (me)
- ADDED: "pause emulation while minimized"-option to misc-page (me)
- ADDED: FDI-support is back (me)
Important notes, known bugs and workarounds:[Zurück zur WinUAE-Seite]
- WinUAE freezes before GUI appears? Delete Configurations/default.uae.
- Check your CPU speed settings, they may not be correct if you load old configuration file.
- Sound buffer size is not comparable with old versions. 3 or 4 is usually the best size.
- When using CD32 emulation, keep "Hard Drives"-tab empty.
This page is maintained by Gunnar Bernhardt. Please, don´t ask me for rom-images or copies of the amigaos. Amiga is copyrighted by Amiga Inc.!